The concrete and steel collection PERSPECTIVE is a proof that two rough materials can be combined in an elegant artefact, if it's done the right way.
It starts when we met ironworkers from Marmande (France). The rare refinement that they put in their work inspired us to design a graceful set of furniture, combining their steel with our concrete.
The result is PERSPECTIVE. A collection of furniture designed with the same pattern: a thick concrete plate elevated in the air by a fine and elegant square tubular structure.
For the metal base, welds and oxidation stains are deliberately apparent to reinforce the industrial aspect of the design. It is treated with a transparent, velvet touch, epoxy varnish to stabilize this surface appearance.
concrete and steel furniture collection
What makes our concrete unique
We won't give you our secrete recipe (we’ve been working on the perfect proportioning for more than 5 years), but like every concrete, our blend is made of water, sand and cement.
We also add a pinch of fiberglass to make our concrete lighter and more resistant. Some of our products are reinforced with rebars and/or a wire mesh.
You will always find visible pores and micro-cracks on our concrete furniture and accessories because we love concrete like this. But we have little tricks to give it a soft and warm touch...
INSTRUCTIONS AND CARE
- Any pores, micro-cracks, and variations in color are due to the material's inherent and charming nature
- Product comes with pre-applied finish that protects the integrity and natural look of the material
- Never use abrasive materials, solvents, acids, or high pressure cleaners when maintaining the product
- To clean, use a soft, clean cloth
- It's recommended to regularly apply wax or water/oil repellents normally used for stone, marble, and concrete
For a complete care solution, we recommend this protection and care kit for concrete furniture by Lithofin.